FS2004 Tutorial: Multiplayer
Since this wasn't noted in the "Microsoft Flight Simulator FAQ" Topic, here is how to host/join a session. It's always better to join a well known server such as Simviation, this because the better, faster connection the better gameplay. There are hundreds to choose from and a bit of google searching will get you a good 'un. How to connect to the server i hear you say, well easy:
1. Get the IP of the server(E.g. the Simviatio one- 220.127.116.11)You have you server IP, great.
2. Boot up FS and go to multiplayer located on the left hand screen. Screenshot
3. Hit "open multiplayer session". You'll now be faced with this screen.The screenshot is self explanatory!
4.Enter your name/a nickname. Now a screen should come up something like this.
5. Connect to it and enter. (now a chat box comes up saying that you are flying a C172, this is because this is the default FS Aircraft).
6. Now select the normal things(A/C, airport) Tip: Always start on parking/gates(only applies at big, busy airports where there will be more players).
7. Have fun!
This handy function allows you to connect to other players with your microphone and well..talk to each other! You could do things like 'Simulate ATC or arrange formation flying. (obviously you must have one ).Here's how to do it:
1.Download from teamspeakpeak download page . HERE
2.Select the TOP download for windows.COPY the TOP! Downloads page
3.Install and get running.
4. Go File ---> Connect. Screen
5. When you get there, you'll have two options; Local Address book and Server list. Screen
6. Select "local Address book" and right click on server and hit "add server" Type the Address of the server into the "label" and "Server Address".(in this instance the url is netwings.org" so you'd type this in both boxes. Screen
7. Add your name and hit Connect located at the bottom.
8. Now you'll be located into the main teamspeak "page". Screen
9. Make sure everything is plugged in and talk away.It may be needed to calibrate your microphone, do this via the control panel.
So, it's really easy to get flying with multiplayer on FS2004. With the new generation FSx, the whole proccess it highly automated, and a ton easier! Look out for more tutorials.