but besides the wings and the engines whats the difference??
The B747-Adv improvements are:
- FBW (787 cockpit)
- Double slotted inner trailing edge flaps instead of triple slotted (less weight and less noise, less lift also)
- Single slotted outer trailing edge flaps instead of double slotted (see above)
- Slats instead of camber and Krueger leading edge flaps (better perfos at landing and take-off)
- Raked wing tips instead of bend wing tips (less drag)
- Slight redesign of the wing profil (less drag)
- New engines (derated GEnx)
- Span increase to 68.36m from 64.44m
- 11.7ft stretched fuselage for the pax version, 17.3ft for the freighter version.
- news brakes and tires (thoses who are fitted on the B777-300ER)
- sky loft (unoccupied space in the higher lobe, need to modify the air conditioned system heavily)
- new revamped interior
- B777 windows
"The 747-800 is 12% more fuel efficient than the A380."
How [doubtful] to me!